BEC has been named the No. 1 provider of Primary Initial Teacher Training in England since 2011 and is the only provider in Essex to be awarded an OUTSTANDING grade by Ofsted in 2010 and again in 2014.
The Good Teacher Training Guide 2015′s assessment of Initial Teacher Training in the UK named BEC as the top performing provider and is available to read by clicking here.
“I am so enjoying this course. It is the most challenging and rewarding thing I have ever done. The school mentors and tutors are so supportive” Trainee October 2015
“I am constantly being able to link theory with practice. I am so pleased I chose this route spending so much time in school. All the trainees support one another, it’s a great network to be a part of” Trainee October 2015
Why choose BEC?
- Experience the best of both worlds, a school led course with all the facilities a University can offer including extensive Library, online journals, NUS membership and bookshop.
- We are offering School Direct Fee Paying and Salaried (in most subjects) places through our partnership schools in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Modern Languages, Computer Science, PE, Drama, Design and Technology, Business Studies, Economics and Music
- We pride ourselves in offering high levels of personalisation and support. We offer Subject Knowledge Enhancement On Line Courses through an excellent provider in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computing, Modern Languages, Geography and Design & Technology.
- Our partnership schools offer trainees the opportunity to experience examples of outstanding practice and for fee paying trainees the opportunity to gain a Post Graduate Certificate in Education potentially with the Institute of Education.
- The skills and experience gained through a school led training programme with BEC prepares our trainees well for their first teaching post in behaviour and discipline, English as an Additional Language and Special Educational Needs and Disability.