BEC is the only initial teacher training provider in Essex to be awarded an OUTSTANDING grade by Ofsted in 2010 and again in 2014.
“I am so enjoying this course. It is the most challenging and rewarding thing I have ever done. The school mentors and tutors are so supportive” Trainee April 2016
“I am constantly being able to link theory with practice. I am so pleased I chose this route spending so much time in school. All the trainees support one another, it’s a great network to be a part of” Trainee June 2016
Why choose BEC?
- Experience the best of both worlds, a school led course with all the facilities a University can offer including extensive library and online journals.
- We are offering School Direct Fee Paying in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Modern Languages, Computer Science, PE, Drama, Design and Technology and Music
- We pride ourselves in offering high levels of personalisation and support. We offer Subject Knowledge Enhancement On Line Courses through an excellent provider in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computing, Modern Languages and Geography.
- Our partnership schools offer trainees the opportunity to experience examples of outstanding practice and for fee paying trainees the opportunity to gain a Post Graduate Certificate in Education at Masters level with the Institute of Education.
- The skills and experience gained through a school led training programme with BEC prepares our trainees well for their first teaching post in behaviour and discipline, English as an Additional Language and Special Educational Needs and Disability.
- Our course primarily focuses on the age range 11-16, but we also offer experience in KS5.